You should be able to do this one of two ways:

1.  Change your DocumentRoot directory and the associated <Directory>
block to /Applications/xampp/htdocs
2.  Uncomment the NameVirtualHosts directive and create a <VirtualHost
*:80> block that has a DocumentRoot that point to
/Applications/xampp/htdocs

You should be able to take a look at the Apache docs and find a pretty
decent amount of information about each of these directives/blocks.