I've seen a few posts re: this topic, but don't quite get the solution...

I'm trying to use mod_proxy_ajp to pass only dynamic content to the servlet
engine (*.jsp), while allowing Apache to serve static content.  the catch,
of course, is that the URL has to be the same for both.

So,

http://myserver/myapp/my.jsp -> route to Tomcat
http://myserver/myapp/my.gif -> serve via Apache

This is quite easy to accomplish using mod_jk, but Apache 2.2 seems to
prefer mod_proxy_ajp.

I'm not an Apache expert, and could really benefit from an example,
especially if mod_rewrite comes into the picture as part of the solution.

Also, assuming there is some magic to make this work, will it perform as
well as mod_jk?
Sent from the Apache HTTP Server - Users forum at Nabble.com.