We have attempted to upgrade apache from 2.0.49 to 2.0.58.  We copied
the confgure.nice file from the 2.0.49 build to the 2.0.58 source
directory of /usr/local/httpd-2.0.58 and ran it.  It looks like this:

#! /bin/sh
#
# Created by configure

"./configure" \
"--prefix=/usr/local/apache2" \
"--enable-so" \
"--enable-rewrite" \
"--enable-ssl" \
"--enable-proxy" \
"$@"

That went good.  After we did the make we recieved these warnings:

*** Warning: Linking the executable httpd against the loadable module
*** mod_cgi.so is not portable!

*** Warning: Linking the executable httpd against the loadable module
*** mod_negotiation.so is not portable!

*** Warning: Linking the executable httpd against the loadable module
*** mod_dir.so is not portable!

*** Warning: Linking the executable httpd against the loadable module
*** mod_imap.so is not portable!

*** Warning: Linking the executable httpd against the loadable module
*** mod_actions.so is not portable!

*** Warning: Linking the executable httpd against the loadable module
*** mod_userdir.so is not portable!

*** Warning: Linking the executable httpd against the loadable module
*** mod_alias.so is not portable!

*** Warning: Linking the executable httpd against the loadable module
*** mod_rewrite.so is not portable!

We still went ahead and did the make install.  But when we tried to
stop Apache we got this error:

ld.so.1: httpd: fatal: mod_access.so: open failed: No such file or
directory Killed

So had had that httpd processes killed and tried to start Apache and
got the same error. Any ideas?  Thank you.

Shawn Beard
Web Administrator, MCSE, MCSA, MCP
Iowa Foundation for Medical Care
Information Systems
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Office: 515-440-8581

Email messages cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
transmitted information can be intercepted, corrupted, lost,
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services therefore does not accept
liability for any error or omissions in the contents of this
message, which arise as a result of email transmission.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication, including any
attachments, may contain confidential information and is intended
only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any
review, dissemination, or copying of this communication by anyone
other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply
email and delete and destroy all copies of the original message.