On 8/4/06, Boyle Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The apache server doesn't know about the public IPs, all it knows are
the private IPs so your config is fine.

The error you see arises when the VH is speaking plain HTTP but then an
SSL handshake comes in.. So the server is not actually listening in
SSL-mode on port 443. Usually this is because you don't have "SSLEngine
on", but you have that... So the only other possibility is that you must
have another VH (plain HTTP) that is trapping the SSL traffic before it
gets to your VHs. Something like:

<VH *:443>
  .. non-ssl stuff
</VH>

Are you sure about the IPs? If your machine is listening to, for example
10.0.0.1, .2, .3, .4 and the FW is really forwarding to .1 & .2 then it
will never hit your VHs... Use ifconfig to check.

Yeah you are right, I figured out that, all my public IPs maps to a
single private IPs that is not in my VH settings. That makes the
problem I guess. I have asked my sys admins regarding this, will come
back after I fix this issue. Thanks for the info, Boyle.

-- sap --

The harder and smarter you work,
the more luck you seem to have.

Blog : http://saponniah.blogspot.com/