i must say this:
if the path is not EXACTLY the same in the apache config as it is in
the Filesystem RELATIVE to wwwroot for that host, it 404's, though
this is odd, how you can 404 on a 404 error page. heh.

On 8/4/06, Joshua Slive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 8/4/06, Liz Kim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am having a problem with ErrorDocument.
> There is a err.html file which exists under
> /web/path/to/err.html
>
> ErrorDocument 500 http://myURL/path/to/err.html
>
> works.  However,
>
> ErrorDocument 404 /web/path/to/err.html
>
> gives me a 404 error.  The file exists and I can get to it
> when I give it the complete url.
>
> Any inputs on why it's giving me the 404 on the local URL?

What does the error log say?  Remember that ErrorDocument takes a
web-path (that is, relative to the DocumentRoot) not a full
file-system path.  Also remember that MSIE will hide error messages
unless they are "large enough".

Joshua.

"Space does not reflect society, it expresses it." -- Castells, M.,
Space of Flows, Space of Places: Materials for a Theory of Urbanism in
the Information Age, in The Cybercities Reader, S. Graham, Editor.
2004, Routledge: London. p. 82-93.