On 8/6/06, LDB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Joshua Slive wrote:
> On 8/6/06, LDB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Joshua Slive wrote:

>> > What does the apache error log say?
>> >
>> > Joshua.

>> >   "   from the digest: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> >

>> The error log says nothing.
>>
>> I figured it out, though. Apparently, DavLock does not like paths
>> outside of
>> ServerRoot. That is unfortunate. :)
>

> That is highly unlikely.  The problem was likely something else.
>
> You should also check to make sure you are looking in the correct
> error log.  It is unusual to receive a 500 error without a
> corresponding error log entry.
>
> Joshua.

>   "   from the digest: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

There was no error except on the client side, which was stated above.
I could not find an error anywhere in any of the logs. I am sure
it went somewhere but not to any of the logs as far as I know. Besides,
what is there to know?? Fact is, it could write to the DavLock path.

Can you please be more clear as to what was highly unlikely?

The only change I made was to the DavLock's path. The previous change
was from outside DocumentRoot, "/var/lib/apache-dav", to inside DocumentRoot,
"apache-dav".

It is highly unlikely because there is really nothing in apache httpd
that cares about the ServerRoot with the exception of resolving
relative path references in httpd.conf.  More likely is that you had
some unix permissions/SELinux config/etc problem on the original path.

Joshua.