What is the folder that you are trying to access.. What is your virtual host entry..... making 777 permission alone will not work for you as for as apache is concerned. There are lot many settings to access the folder and files.................

Provide the details... so that issue can be analysed...

TechsLiwi,
http://www.liwiplus.com

On 8/7/06, Evan Platt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At 04:32 AM 8/6/2006, you wrote:
>I have installed the apache server on a linux host.
>My host using nfs file system as its root file system.
>I have changed all the permissions to 777, but I still get the
>forbidden message?
>What can be the reason?

From the WAN or LAN? What is the EXACT error from the error log?