Hi Joshua,

Thanks for Replying....

yes, sessionId is internal to PHP.
But sessionID remain same for Mac3 unless browser is closed.
but changes for each click for other addresses.

I have checked on other machines this works correclty for all. Also, there is no issue with PHP Setup and PHP Code. As the same code works for Mac3 but fails for other DNS name of same machine.

Why does APACHE Web Server treats Mac1, Mac2, Mac4 and Mac5 as some other machines rather than treating them as same.

Thanks
Lalit Seth

On 8/7/06, Joshua Slive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 8/7/06, Lalit Seth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> APACHE -
> Server version: HP-UX_Apache-based_Web_Server/2.0.48
> Server built:   Nov  5 2003 03:42:46

Old version.

> Issue -
> Apache creates new session ID for each request for few of these DNS names.
> ie When i display session ID from PHP the session id remain same for
> Mac3.myhome.com but keeps changing for each click for others.
> hence PHP tends to loose all its Session Variable info.

What exactly do you mean by session id.  This is not something that
apache httpd creates itself, unless you are talking about
mod_usertrak.  It is more likely something internal to php or your
applicatoin.

Joshua.