Originally posted in APR Dev
(http://www.nabble.com/DBD%3A-driver-tf2088429.html#a5760878)

I'm new to this, but hopefully someone can shed some light on this.  I'm
trying to install Apache 2.2, MySQL 5, and PHP 5 on a Mac OSX (10.3.9)
server.  The server already runs Apache 1.3, MySQL 4, and PHP 4
successfully.

I initially used the default configuration:
./configure --enable-modules=most --enable-mods-shared=max
--enable-shared=max

But then when I attempted to start Apache, Apache starts, but will not serve
any pages.
I looked in the error log and found the following message:

[Thu Aug 10 19:30:35 2006] [crit] (70023)This function has not been
implemented on this platform: DBD: driver for [DBDriver unset] not available
[Thu Aug 10 19:30:35 2006] [crit] (70023)This function has not been
implemented on this platform: DBD: failed to initialise

I then downloaded apr_dbd_mysql.c, ran buildconf and then followed the
instructions on http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/install.html for manually
building APR/APR-Utils.  I recompiled Apache with the --with-apr and
--with-apr-utils flags, but I still receive the error message when
attempting to start apache.

I'm using the default httpd.conf file with no DBD directives.  If I attempt
to set the DBDDriver directive in httpd.conf, I receive the error message:
DBD: No driver for mysql
and Apache fails to start.

Can anyone help shed some light on this?

Thanks!
Sent from the Apache HTTP Server - Users forum at Nabble.com.