On 8/14/06, Steve Swift <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
You can see some information on the child processes by enabling the /info
URL in httpd.conf - but you probably knew that already.

On 14/08/06, Qingshan Xie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I am curious how Apache manages all children, which
> of them are in the service to clients, which of them
> are Idle, etc.? Can some one give me a brief
> description or refer me a URL/books?

Steve means server-status provided by mod_status.

Apache manages how many children are available, but it doesn't really
manage exactly which of these children will take any given request.
This depends on who is first to grab the accept lock.  See the "Accept
Serialization" section of
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/misc/perf-tuning.html

If that doesn't answer your question, you need to be more specific
about what you want to know and why.

Joshua.