On Monday 14 August 2006 20:44, alan bryan wrote:
> I'm trying to set up some sort of basic authentication in Apache
> 2.2authenticating against a PostgreSQL
> 8.1 database.
>
> Has anyone been able to successfully get the new mod_authn_dbd to work on
> FreeBSD?

Of course:-)

> I've also tried mod_auth_pgsql which compiles fine but I get the error:
> "No Authn provider configured"
> when I run it using the same .htaccess that works fine in Apache 2.0.

That looks like mod_auth_basic getting in before it.

And you really shouldn't tr and run any SQL-based authentication
from .htaccess.  mod_authn_dbd won't let you (it would be a security
risk to let .htaccess users specify their own SQL query to be executed
by the server), and using .htaccess is not compatible with efficient
usage of SQL.

> So, any ideas to fix the above issues or get some other way to get basic
> auth to work on 2.2?

You'd need to me more specific about what doesn't work for you.

--
Nick Kew