assuming you compile your own apache 2.x you can configure with
--enable-static-support so that the support tools have no lib dependencies.

another thing that works - although i cannot say it is the best method (i am
no compiler expert) - is to export the var CC="gcc -static-libgcc" before
the configure and make

Rgds,
Fred

Shawn Beard wrote:

> We upgraded a server from 2.0.49 to 2.0.58.  It seemed to go fine.
> However after a short while it locks up.  In the error log I get this:
>
> piped log program '/usr/local/apache2/bin/rotatelogs
> /usr/local/apache2/logs/qnettech-test-access.log 86400' failed
> unexpectedly
> ld.so.1: rotatelogs: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or
> directory
>
> I checked the envars file which looks like this:
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/apache2/lib:/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> Any Ideas?  Thank you.
>

> Shawn Beard
> Web Administrator, MCSE, MCSA, MCP
> Iowa Foundation for Medical Care
> Information Systems
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Office: 515-440-8581

> Email messages cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
> transmitted information can be intercepted, corrupted, lost,
> destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The
> Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services therefore does not accept
> liability for any error or omissions in the contents of this
> message, which arise as a result of email transmission.
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication, including any
> attachments, may contain confidential information and is intended
> only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any
> review, dissemination, or copying of this communication by anyone
> other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you
> are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply
> email and delete and destroy all copies of the original message.

Sent from the Apache HTTP Server - Users forum at Nabble.com.