Hey all;

        I have some questions about mod_deflate;

Specifically, in my 8 years of using apache, I had never heard of it until a few weeks ago. Google shows plenty of howto implement and man page sites, but few 'mod_deflate is soo good it saved my marriage' type of testimonials. Given the significant savings in bandwidth that *seem* to go with mod_deflate I am wondering why I have never heard of it - it seems too good to be true.

Would someone please be so kind as to post a broef summary of strengths and weaknesses of mod_deflate? Browser incompatibility, issues with nat/proxies, etc... My spidey sense is telling me that something isnt quite right here...

        Cheers and TIA,

        Chris