Hello:

On my secure site the php code print "Port:".$_SERVER['SERVER_PORT']); prints port:80 when accessing the site with https:// The little padlock is showing at the bottom of the page and the router is set to send 443 to the server.

In httpd.conf I have:

NameVirtualHost *:80
NameVirtualHost *:443

and

<VirtualHost *:443>
    ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    DocumentRoot /var/www/html/sgimis
    ServerName sgimis.example.com
    ErrorLog logs/itr_sgimis-error_log
    CustomLog logs/itr_sgimis-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

along with a bunch of *:80 VirtuaHosts

When accessing the site users have to go thru the usual certificate acceptance ceremony.

Also the code
if ($_SERVER['HTTPS'] !== 'on') {
   die("This site is accessible only through a secure connection.");
 }

will prevent access to the site. So it seems that I'm not using SSL even tho I'm getting a cert and a padlock.

Can anyone suggest an avenue to approach this?

Thanks,

Ken