Evaldas Imbrasas wrote:
On 8/25/06, Joshua Slive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 8/25/06, Evaldas Imbrasas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is there a way to do this redirect on a conditional as a rewrite rule
> allows, though? I.e., return a 503 if a certain file exists?

Sure, just make "a certain file" an .htaccess file in the DocumentRoot
containing that directive.  Otherwise, if Andre is right, you can use
all the tricks of mod_rewrite directly.

Unfortunatelly, that is not an option, as my site is optimized for
speed and therefore is not using .htaccess files.

Well, use a directory section in your httpd.conf as recommended and described in http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/howto/htaccess.html#when (When (not) to use .htaccess files).