I'm running a SuSE 9.1 server with Apache 2.0.58 and as of last Thursday I'm seeing a ton of files created in spots they should be. All created by wwwrun (the webserver). I'm finding PHP scripts that are blatantly commented with hacker code, _vti_ directories in sites and this server doesn't have FP running on it. Cron jobs owned by wwwrun created and I can see my maching connected to a strange IP on port 22 which is telling me that my machine has opened a ssh connection with their server.

I'm seeing files that execute PHP Shell 1.7 which allows them to execute commands via a form.

Has anyone ever run into this kind of problem? I've never really been hacked like this before and I keep thinking I have it cleaned up but it doesn't appear that way. One script had this in it: Powered By #KARTUBEBEN CrEW @ DALnet

I know this maybe be a bit OT but any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly helpful and appreciated.

Thanks!