On 9/6/06, Norman Khine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks for your reply, I was looking at the
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/misc/rewriteguide.html documentation
and perhaps something like this may work...

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond   %{*HTTP_HOST*}                 *[^.]+*\.host\.com$
RewriteRule   ^(.+)                        %{HTTP_HOST}$1          [C]
RewriteRule   *([^.]+)*\.host\.com(.*) http://localhost:9080/*$1*$2 [P]

RequestHeader set X-Base-Path %{*HTTP_HOST*}

#Not sure if the logs entry is correct

ErrorLog       /var/log/apache2/%{*HTTP_HOST*}-error_log
CustomLog      /var/log/apache2/%{*HTTP_HOST*}-access_log common

The mod_rewrite stuff seems close, although there a bunch of random
"*"s thrown around that shouldn't be there.  But you can't use
mod_rewrite variables (like %{HTTP_HOST}) in non-mod_rewrite
directives.  For example, ErrorLog and CustomLog cannot use variables
like that, and I'm not sure if RequestHeader support env variables.

Joshua.