On 9/8/06, jbashir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Configuring apache and tomcat via mod_jk is done by installing apache on port
80 and tomcat on port 8080, and when we write http://localhost/ it's apache
server which runs by default (being installed on port 80), and then through
mod_jk.conf file we instruct the server when to switch to tomcat.

But I have my settings opposite to it. I have tomcat on port 80 and apache
on port 8080. So when I write http://localhost/, it's tomcat which runs
first (thats what my application demands), and then on choice I want to run
php module. Is it possible to do that and how? What changes I will have to
make in mod_jk.conf and httpd.conf ? Any suggestions? I am using Apache
1.3.37 and Tomcat 5.0.28.

Thanks

So you weren't able to put them on separate boxes?
Ok, to change port in Tomcat look for <Connector ...> tar in server
.xml and change pro there. To chanhge port in Apache look for Listen
in httpd.conf and change port there.