Thanks Joshua. I am trying to make sure there is exactly one memory cache
per box. Guess your explanation means that I am achieving that with the
config I posted ?

Yes.

 Also, would setting the ThreadsPerChild to 150 cause performance issues( I
am running Apache on Red hat) or is 150 a OK value ?

Depends on your load, your resources, and other details of your
environment.  There is no one correct setting for this value.  But by
restricting to one process, you are certainly making this value more
critical, since you are removing all of httpd's flexibility to adjust
to load.

Have you read the recent commentary on this list about the advantages
of mod_disk_cache  over mod_mem_cache?

Joshua.