On 9/8/06, Bob Ionescu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
> RewriteRule !^index\.php.* - [C]
> RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php?id=$1 [L]
>
> However, this doesn't work with the original form:
>
> http://domain/?id=123
>
> Can anyone offer any suggestions on making this work with the implied
> default document and a query string?  Thanks.

Use

RewriteRule !^index\.php$ - [C]
RewriteRule ^(.+) index.php?id=$1 [L]

instead, which will not match an empty local filename in directory context.

Thanks for the help.  Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to do work.
I'm using Apache 2.0.54 in case it matters.

Here's my current .htaccess

# 1
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule !^index\.php.* - [C]
RewriteRule ^(.+) index.php?id=$1 [L]

RewriteRule !^index\.php.* - [C]
RewriteRule ^(.*)/(.*)$ index.php?id=$1&$2 [L]

RewriteRule !^index\.php.* - [C]
RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php?id=$1 [L]

The second rule set of rules is used to add an additional / keyword.
Rulesets 2 and 3 work fine, but ruleset 1 does not.