On 9/20/06, Huesser Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This question was often asked before but I did not get any solution to work:

I want to rewrite all request to "http:virtual.server.domain/path/file.html"
to "https://virtual.server.domain/path/file.html";. One of
the solutions I found is:

The simplest solution to this is as follows.  If you have both an http
and https server, then you should have a <VirtualHost> block for each
server.  Inside the <VirtualHost> block for the non-ssl server (ie,
the one on port 80), put a normal redirect:
Redirect /path/file.html https://virtual.server.domain/path/file.html

I but this in the htaccess file of the DocumentRoot of the virtual server
and also in the main httpd.conf file of the webserver. Both did not work. So
I tried the following:

Don't use htaccess files if you have access to httpd.conf.
mod_rewrite directives must also be placed inside the <VirtualHost>
section, or you must include
RewriteEngine On
RewriteOptions inherit
inside the <VirtualHost>.

If you have further problems with mod_rewrite, be sure to use the
RewriteLog to debug.

Joshua.