Hi Rob,

Ok - well your sock is correct!
I did have some issues with character sets, hence those lines. They may also be not relevant.

CFLAGS="-DHAVE_MYSQL_H  -I/usr/local/include/mysql/ -L/usr/local/lib/
mysql/" ./configure [------------ your configure details ----------]

I am not sure, but I am guessing you didn't run configure like that -
because as you said, HAVE_MYSQL_H wasn't being identified. Maybe you did that?
Let me know!

No, I didn't run configure like that. I changed srclib/apr-util/ Makefile later to include most details but didn't have "-DHAVE_MYSQL_H". Going to try that.

I think that may solve a lot of head-aches  .. :-) (we hope)

-b.