BULLSEYE!!!

Ping worked on all three.  So I said to myself, "Self, he's got to be
spot on, but I don't have a proxy - well I do, the SonicWall TZ-170,
but it's setup to be transparent"  Then I remembered that I also have
Anonymizer, a service I bought long ago to protect myself from web
attacks.  That was it.  As soon as I turned it off, everything worked!
Now I'll try to find a way to exclude those web names.

Thanks so much for sticking with me.  Anonymizer is so transparent,
that I completely forgot about it!

Best,
--

Larry