From: long [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 26 September 2006 05:52
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [EMAIL PROTECTED] mod_jk help

I'd looked and searched the internet and found nothing that tell me how to
configure apache to look for static files at its side and if it can't find them
then forward requrests to tomcat.  I was hoping if someone can help me.

I have a redhat linux box with apache2.0.x and tomcat 5.5 with jdk 4.1.x.  My
mod_jk configurations are working to a degree.  Apache is serving all static
contents and tomcat is serving all dynamic contents.  The problem is that if
any of the static contents got put into tomcat, they will not be found.  SInce
tomcat can also serve static contents, I'll like apache to forward the requests
to tomcat as a kind of "failover" approach.  Clusting and load-balancing is
pretty much out of the picture.

Thanks in advance,
Long

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
Get on board. You're
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=40791/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta>
 invited to try the new Yahoo! Mail.

Our e-mail domain has now changed from iraspire.com to hmrcaspire.com. Please
update your address books.