Boyle Owen wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Lee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2006 9:16 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Web page content changed

Hi all,

We are running web server on Apache v2.0.55, together with php 4.4.0,
ASP and FrontPage 5.0 in Sun Solaris 9 Sparc OS.

We are running 2 web servers via load balancer and all the
way is stable.
Yesterday morning, when my colleague try to browse the web site, it
display the previous(old) web site. The updated website back
to normal,
after restarted the apache service on both web servers.

The old web site content resides to different directory inside the web
servers. The update web site content are appointed correctly
at httpd.conf.

Anyone experience similar issue before? What can be the
possible cause?

Anyone's guess...
- he was looking at a cached version (what were the exact circumstances
of his browsing session? was he accessing via a quiet proxy that hadn't
been used for a while ?)
>> Definitely not a cache, quite a number of people complaint they experience the same problem.

- you have the old content available on the "default" server (ie,
docroot outside the VHs) and he accessed without a host name (used IP).
>> They access via the exact web page URL.

Try to reproduce it. If you can reliably reproduce the problem, check
your config for item 2 above.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

Thanks.

Rgds,
Vincent

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.