On 9/29/06, Stephen Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have tried that sorry for the vague question. The thing that's odd is
that when I try to start the second instance of apache it sees (seems
aware) of the other instance. It actually sees the others PID file and I
have explicit paths in the conf with different names. This is why I am
so lost on this one, if the thing is named different and running on a
separate port how can it know about the other?

Have you edited the apachectl script to point (with the -f command
line option) at the correct config file for each install?

What EXACT error messages are you getting?

Joshua.