On 9/29/06, David Salisbury <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

anyways, I'm trying to do the same thing with eruby ( actually erb )
and can't seem to get it to work

ScriptAlias /erb/ "/usr/local/bin/"

Oooo... Bad idea.  You just gave web access to your /usr/local/bin/
directory.  Very dangerous.

AddType application/x-httpd-eruby .rhtml
Action application/x-httpd-eruby /erb/erb

And I'm asked if I want to download the file.  and in looking, that file is the
html for a 500
internal server error

And what does the apache error log say?

In general, this setup assumes that /usr/local/bin/erb knows what to
do when called as a CGI script in this manner.  From my very limitted
knowledge of eruby, it appears that it doesn't even know to emit the
HTTP content-type header, meaning that it can't be called directly as
a CGI script.

Joshua.