On Monday 02 October 2006 22:08, ABAPGUY wrote:
> Hi all,
> we use mod_deflate in our Apache 2 Reverse Proxy . The downstream server
> already compresses some content using gzip based on size/exclusion list
> (e.g. no gifs , html > xKB) . We have mod_deflate set up with similar
> settings  . I'm guessing mod_deflate will not touch the already compressed
> content before it sends it to a user's browser ? Or does it try to compress
> already compressed content ?

It looks at the Content-Encoding header, and won't compress anything that's
already compressed.

If it's compressed by some method that isn't declared in HTTP, then
mod_deflate won't know about it, and will try to compress it, unless you
find other means to tell it not to compress.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.prenhallprofessional.com/title/0132409674