Pierre Imbaud wrote:
Hello, folks, Im trying to make apache2 work on my box with suexec2.
Not familiar with apache2 (but configured, and works fine so far), and
I guess my questions are somewhat naive.
Oh, Im on Suse 10.1, with apache2-2.2.0-21
First: do I have to recompile apache2 to have this working? On start,
I have [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/sbin/suexec2)
in my log.

I dont! it worked! right out of the box!
2nd question: do all compilation options, as documented in apache
documentation, like "--with-suexec-userdir=DIR", translate in these -D
options? And if not, is there a way to know after compilation which
options have been chosen?

still dunno
3rd question: a lot of conditions must be fulfilled before suexec
(suexec2 here) is even accessed. Who does log what, in which log
files? specifically, is the suexec logfile written only by suexec?
do I find account for errors prior to launching suexec in the normal
log file?
The account they give is pretty clear

Thanks in advance for any help.
problem solved, then