Just wondering if this is possible.

Due to a technicality, I would like urls on our site asking for

/dir/prog?gl/clouds.men*
to be reverse proxied from
http://another.domain.com/dir/prog?gl/clouds.men*

So I'm trying.

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^(/dir/prog?gl/clouds.men*) http://another.domain.com/$1 [p]

Doesn't seem to work though by itself.  For this to work though, the docs say
for the P flag
"Note: mod_proxy must be enabled in order to use this flag."

Well, the module is loaded, but I'm not sure what I need to kick Proxy off. I tried these two settings.

ProxyPassReverse  /dir/prog?gl/clouds.men?gl/clouds.men
http://another.domain.com/dir/prog?gl/clouds.men
ProxyPassReverse  /dir/prog?gl/clouds.men?gl/clouds.men
http://another.domain.com/dir/prog?gl/clouds.men

ProxyPassReverse /dir/prog?gl/clouds.men http://another.domain.com/dir/prog?gl/clouds.men ProxyPassReverse /dir/prog?gl/clouds.men http://another.domain.com/dir/prog?gl/clouds.men
using either one of the above gets me a " proxy: No protocol handler was valid for
the URL" error.

But perhaps since an argument in the query string is needed to proxy the
approprate page,
I am simply out of luck, as the ProxyPass directive needs....
"a partial URL for the remote server and cannot include a query string."
I do not what _all_ the /dir/prog requests proxied.

Is what I'm trying to do possible?  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

-ds