Hi,

On Mit 18.10.2006 19:32, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

We're running Apache 2.0.55 on Solaris 9, and we are seeing a number of
"[error]" and "[warn]" messages in the error_log file.  The error msgs
occur occasionally, but the warn msgs are output quite frequently.

The error msgs say:

[error] [client AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD] (45) Deadlock situation
detected/avoided: apr_global_mutex_lock (rewrite_log_lock) failed,
referer: http://myhostx.xxx.com/...

The warn msgs say:

[warn] (45) Deadlock situation detected/avoided: ap_proxy: couldn't
create the lock

Does anyone know what might be causing these and how to eliminate them?

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mpm_common.html#acceptmutex

We have *fixed* this error message with:

posixsem
and
pthread

The default mutex have been changed in the past :-(

I have also asked this in the past but haven't get a answer :-(

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-users&m=111761657126915&w=2

Hth

Alex