Sorry, that .conf file fragment was actually inside a VirtualHost, whereas I recall mod_dumpio directives must be at the server config. level.

Actually, if I comment those and write this right on top of my apache2.conf file...
----------------------
# Based upon the NCSA server configuration files originally by Rob McCool.
# Changed extensively for the Debian package by Daniel Stone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
# and also by Thom May <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log
LogLevel debug
DumpIOOutput On
#DumpIOInput On

# ServerRoot: The top of the directory tree under which the server's
# configuration, error, and log files are kept.
[...]

... I still dont get any data from dumpio on that /var/log/apache2/error.log file

Thanks again,
JSO