I did this once, where the users on my system wanted to be able to
stop/start/control their own servers, and I didn't have enough IP
addresses to give them each an address for their instance.  I set them
up with high-port apache instances and then I put a proxy server on
port 80 that managed the virtual host mapping to the individual server
instances.

-Chris

On 10/23/06, Joshua Slive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 10/23/06, sharath reddy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> thanks for response, but I need to run 3 (virtual)hosts on 3 different
> ports(same ip address) which can be controlled individually. is there any
> solution for this?

Yes.  Run three instances of apache.

But why do you need this individual control?  Perhaps there is another
solution if you give more specifics about the problem.

Joshua.