On Sat, 2006-10-28 at 09:08 -0400, Daniel Griscom wrote:

> >[Sat Oct 28 08:57:29 2006] [crit] (70023)This function has not been
> >implemented on this platform: DBD: driver for [DBDriver unset] not
> >available
> >[Sat Oct 28 08:57:29 2006] [crit] (70023)This function has not been
> >implemented on this platform: DBD: failed to initialise

You can ignore those messages if you don't want dbd.

But the best solution if you have no need of an SQL backend
is just don't load mod_dbd in the first place.

Yes, it's a bug that you get those error messages when you
didn't think you had configured dbd at all.

> After a whole lotta searching, I've deduced the basic problem:
> mod_dbd ("Manages SQL database connections") is complaining that it
> hasn't had its driver set using DBDriver. But! I didn't ask to use
> mod_dbd, and (I think) don't want to use mod_dbd. My only
> authentication is simple stuff like

Authentication is just one thing you do with dbd.
And it's way OTT to use an SQL backend for that,
if you don't have an SQL application somewhere too!

--
Nick Kew