I'm trying to use mod_rewrite and redirect http requests to https .. this is working great, but I need to exlude a specific directory, it has to remain http.

I've googled, and read the mod_rewrite documentaion but just can't figure this out. Here is the relevant section from httpd.conf (apache 2.0.52 running on RHEL 4)

   <VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80>
           ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
           DocumentRoot /vhost/myweb
           ServerName www.mydomain.com
           RewriteEngine on

           RewriteCond   %{REQUEST_URI}  ^/nonssl/$
           RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://www.mydomain.com/nonssl/$1 [L,R]

           RewriteCond   %{SERVER_PORT}  !^443$
           RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ https://www.mydomain.com/$1 [L,R]
   </VirtualHost>

I've tried:
   %{REQUEST_URI}  ^/nonssl/.*
   %{REQUEST_URI}  ^/nonssl/*
   %{REQUEST_URI}  ^/nonssl

and none have worked. What would be the correct RewriteCond and/or RewriteRule to redirect all requests except for http://www.mydomain.com/nonssl/ to https://www.mydomain.com/ ?

Thanks in advance for any help or insight.
          Dayton Jones          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  "It's better to dig your own grave than to rot in the sun."