Hello,

Nobody is using ldap based authentication and authorization, based on group ?

I mean I am testing it for some days and I can't figure out the problem. I really think I'm compliant with the 2.2 doc (for example require ldap-user is working and I don't much difference with require ldap-group ...)

Does anybody succeeded in building such a configuration ?
If nobody did, I'll fill a bug report ... (Which is not necessary if someone ever succeed ;-)).

Thank you in advance,

Best Regards,

Christophe Gravier a écrit :
Hello,

Regarding new Apache 2.2 authentification and authorization layers, especially ldap-group ( http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_authnz_ldap.html#reqgroup ), I wanted to build authentification and authorization based on ldap group membership.

I build my directive the same way as those man pages, that means:

<Location "/DevDSI_trac">
       SetEnv TRAC_ENV "/var/trac/DevDSI"
       AuthType Basic
       AuthName "DevDSI trac"
       AuthBasicProvider ldap
AuthLDAPURL ldap://ist-guizay.univ-st-etienne.fr:389/ou=person,o=istase,c=fr?uid?sub?(objectClass=*)
       require ldap-group cn=satin,ou=groups,o=istase,c=fr
</Location>

This is not working. I did check that ldap-group contains no typo.
AuthLDAPURL is ok since I can make it my identification working with "require ldap-user" directive. I also make it working by setting AuthzLDAPAuthoritative to off for "require valid-user" directive (but this is not ldap group based authorization of course).

Moreover, my group is declared as follow in my openldap directory:
dn: cn=satin,ou=groups,o=istase,c=fr
objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
uniqueMember: uid=gravier.christophe,ou=person,o=istase,c=fr
uniqueMember: etc....

So, when I try to log in the web area, I receive a "401 Authorization required". There's no trace in error log (I got a trace if I enter a bad password though). This means I successfully go through auth type and authentication layers but not through authorization (but no error message in error.log !).

My loaded modules are:
ls -l /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/ | awk '{print $8}'
alias.load, auth_basic.load, authn_file.load, authnz_ldap.load, authz_host.load, authz_owner.load, authz_user.load, autoindex.load, cgi.load, dav.load, dav_svn.load, dir.load, env.load, ldap.load, mime.load, negotiation.load, php4.conf, php4.load, status.load

I think I understand the new architecture well because I clearly made "ldap-user" and "valid-user without ldap authoritative" working. But there's something for ldap-group I can't figure out for a couple of days; that's why I decided to ask on this mailing list.

Does anyone have an idea please on my configuration ? I can post info if needed .... Or at least, does anyone have a configuration working with ldap based on groups ?

Thank you in advance,

Regards.

--
Christophe Gravier
Laboratoire DIOM, équipe SATIn - Doctorant