On 11/6/06, Joshua Slive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 11/6/06, Arun Jain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello Group,
>
> I installed Apache 2.2.3 on my Windows machine.  And I can see my Apache
> server icon, and in services
> I see as started.
>
> Very first time when I tried to look at index.html by typing
>
> localhost/
> or
> my machine's IP address
>
> it gives following errors.
>
> HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
> Internet Explorer
>
> Could someone tell me what do I need to do extra to get my server see my
> very first page.

Start by looking in the apache error log.

Joshua.

Joshua,

I have downloaded another http server, which works from command
line and I can access the same page for which I denied access by
Apache 2.2.3 server.  It seems I am missing some configuration
parameters.  Can someone help please.

Here is the error log message

[error] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by server configuration: C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/index.html

And here is the configuration information.

<IfModule dir_module>
    DirectoryIndex index.html
</IfModule>

Should I change dir_module to C:\.....\htdocs.  Will that help?

Thanks  in advance.

nagrik