On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 17:49:25 -0500
mickg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 2 questions:
> > I think I'd have to play with that hands-on to figure it out
> > with your attempted configuration.
> Was that an offer :) If yes, please say so, and shell account will be
> provided. (As the system is a VM, I will just clone it, and give
> access to that, so, if you mess it up, no problem).

Well it could be, if you have the budget for my time.
That's your most expensive option.

> > It might be worth trying
> > mod_line_edit instead of mod_proxy_html.  You sacrifice the
> > markup support, but in your case the markup isn't properly
> > supported anyway, and you probably benefit from the fact that
> > it is also unaware of charsets.
> >

> Hmm. Did not know about that module. Any idea where I can get
> the .so ?

Same place you get the mod_proxy_html.so.  Except I guess you
got that from a third-party package.  I supply binaries and
basic support to registered users.

> Or an ubuntu package?
>
> Or how to compile the source, given a development environment?

Read the apache docs on apxs.  You'll probably need an apache-dev
package on ubuntu.  It's simpler than mod_proxy_html, because it
doesn't rely on additional libraries.

I should add that today's correspondence has prompted me to blog
about mod_proxy_html 3.0, which will enable you to fix that
charset problem by aliasing an unsupported charset to a similar
supported one (windows cyrillic is probably similar enough to
ISO cyrillic - aka ISO-8859-5 - for that to work).  I'm inviting
blog comments from anyone with great ideas for the next major
release of mod_proxy_html.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/