thx all for the suggestions......this one worked

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule   ^/(.+)  /temporary.html

On 11/8/06, Boyle Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]

What did you try already? What happened?

As I read it, you want to put up a page that says, "Site has moved"
rather than redirect users (so that the browser reloads the new site).
Correct?

Something as simple as;

RedirectMatch ^/.*$ /that_one_html_doc.html

...should work (see docs for details).

Rgds,
Owen Boyle