On 08.11.06 08:54, Tim Liu wrote:
> Should I create "apache" account in linux? or it is created automatically
> during installation?

I use two accounts for apache - one who owns config and some data files, one
which apache runs under. Apache can only write to its pid, log and poddibly
other files (semaphores or what)

however on many systems only one user is used, but apache usually runs under
different user than the user owning the data...

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
BSE = Mad Cow Desease ... BSA = Mad Software Producents Desease