On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 23:37 +0000, Nick Kew wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 22:59:10 +0000
> Tom Pike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> >     We are looking at the use of mod_ext_filter and sed to
>
> Ouch!  mod_line_edit will do that for vastly less overhead.

We are also currently investigating mod_line_edit.  Our problem is not
so much the filters themselves, but getting the body of the page to pass
through the filters after being proxied.  The use of mod_ext_filter and
sed is more a proof of concept.

We are also somewhat wary of using modules that are not part of the
"official" Apache family having been bitten in the past, though I
understand mod_line_edit has been somewhat thoroughly tested in the
wild.

> > dynamically rewrite the URLs of images, JS and CSS after the page has
> > been rendered by Zope/Plone but we have struck a few issues.  The
>
> In that case, you probably want
> http://www.apachetutor.org/admin/reverseproxies

We have also tried using Proxy setup instead of the mod_rewrite but have
had no luck.  Once again, the problem is not in the filters themselves
but rather the insertion of the filter in the output chain.  We would
really like to stick with mod_rewrite as it gives us a lot more
flexibility.  We will try the setup on the above page though it is very
similar to our previous setup.

                        Many thanks for your help,

                                Tom Pike

--