Hi Joshua,

I checked the server with server-status and it is showing only 5 child processes, but at the same time on the server box it is showing 15 processes(with ps -ef).
By analyzing, i came to a conclusion that ....

1. In the server status page it is only showing child processes, which have their parent id is same as of root process id, like shown below

USER      PID    PPID
www      13870        0
www      13873 13870
www      13876 13870
www      13877 13870
www      13879 13870
www      13899 13870

2.on the server, it is showing 15 child processes(each child creating one or more child processes and randomly) on the start up and with in a 2 minutes the child processes are increasing to 48, even though server serving for only one request(server-status page). All the child processes are staying alive till i stop the server.

Thanks,
Sharath

On 11/10/06, Joshua Slive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 11/10/06, sharath reddy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi joshua,
>
> i am just starting one instance only, even then it is showing 3*StartServers
> processes and one parent process running. if i starts 3 instances, it is
> showing 3*StartServers for every idividual instance.

Try firing up mod_status's server-status handler and see what the
processes are doing.

Joshua.