It is almost certainly an error to have the action of a form reference a static webpage. At a guess, you are settinng the action to the same static page that contained the form. That's bound to cause problems, not least of which would be confusion!
Every <FORM> that I've ever seen sets the action to a URL which runs a script of some sort or another.  How else are you going to process the input from the form?