OK, to make it clearly, connection here is refering to TCP/IP
connection. Apache server will keep the socket alive and such consume
one thread/process. Sorry for my poor English, maybe I think
"simultaneous session" make more sence?

Thx, Xuekun

On 11/15/06, Sean Conner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
It was thus said that the Great Xuekun Hu once stated:
> Thanks for replying.
>
> >       I've sent a message a few minutes ago, ranting about the mean of
> >       "XXXX
> >simultaneous users".
>
> Here 2000 simultaneous users means 2000 connections at the same time,
> not the 2000 requests/s. I estimate about 150 requests/s. Those are
> all PHP dynamic requests.

 What is your definition of a connection?

 I ask, because *my* definition of a "connection" is a TCP/IP connection,
which is used to make an HTTP request.

 Technically, I'm still "logged on" to LiveJournal [1] even though it's
been some eight hours or so since I last checked the site (and I've
restarted my web browser since then).  So I'm not in any way "connected" to
LiveJournal, although I'm still "logged on" to LiveJournal.

 -spc (Somehow I think you're confusing "users" with "connections")

[1]     http://www.livejournal.com/