then its a problem wit hthe reader. try foxit reader.

On 11/18/06, Christian Mensing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Morgan Gangwere wrote:

> wait. are you compiling a pdf into httpd or doing a http request for it
>
> On 11/18/06, Christian Mensing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm new to this list and fail to shift from apache_1.3.37
>> to the apache 2.2 branch.
>> Hardware: SGI IP35 with irix 6.5.30.
>> httpd-2.2.3 compiles smoothly with gcc-4.1.1 and all works fine,
>> including php-5.1.6 except for pdfs of more than 1 page.
>> The access file shows partial load and
>> error 416 "requested range not satisfiable".
>> Mozilla, firefox, IE fail to load and get frozen.
>> Sometimes get the error message displayed.
>> The problem is the same for all 2.2.x versions.
>> httpd-2.0.59 works fine.
>> Not sure if its due to an external library, misconfiguration
>> or a real bug. Haven't found definite answers in the mailing lists
>> to similar requests.
>>
>> Christian Mensing
>> ETH Zurich

>>    "   from the digest: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sorry for my expression. The request for pdf files longer than
1 page fail with error 416.

Christian Mensing
ETH Zurich

Morgan gangwere

"Space does not reflect society, it expresses it." -- Castells, M.,
Space of Flows, Space of Places: Materials for a Theory of Urbanism in
the Information Age, in The Cybercities Reader, S. Graham, Editor.
2004, Routledge: London. p. 82-93.