Hy,

My name is genya, we are a not for profit organisation in montreal, Quebec
Canada

I'm installing apache with multiple nameVirtualHost.

But as soon as I enable namevirtualHost, Apache would not want to start.

It is a win xp pro server with apache under a linksys router. dynamic assign
IP, with dynamic IP update to the DNS server. with FTP bullet installed as
well. the IP assignment works well since the FTP server works well.
The httpd server works well as long as the VIRTUALHOST is not enabled :

here is my config :

# 'Main' server configuration
#
# The directives in this section set up the values used by the 'main'
# server, which responds to any requests that aren't handled by a
# <VirtualHost> definition.  These values also provide defaults for
# any <VirtualHost> containers you may define later in the file.
#
# All of these directives may appear inside <VirtualHost> containers,
# in which case these default settings will be overridden for the
# virtual host being defined.
#

#
# ServerAdmin: Your address, where problems with the server should be
# e-mailed.  This address appears on some server-generated pages, such
# as error documents.  e.g. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
#
ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]

#
# ServerName gives the name and port that the server uses to identify itself.
# This can often be determined automatically, but we recommend you specify
# it explicitly to prevent problems during startup.
#
# If your host doesn't have a registered DNS name, enter its IP address here.
#
ServerName www.decosphere.ca:80

#
# DocumentRoot: The directory out of which you will serve your
# documents. By default, all requests are taken from this directory, but
# symbolic links and aliases may be used to point to other locations.
#
DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs"

NameVirtualHost *:80
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName www.decosphere.ca
ServerAlias decosphere.ca *.decosphere.ca
DocumentRoot /Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName www.webmedias.ca
ServerAlias webmedias.ca *.webmedias.ca
DocumentRoot /Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/webmedias.ca
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName www.fqde.org
ServerAlias fqde.org *.fqde.org
DocumentRoot /Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/fqde.org
</VirtualHost>

here is the message error from the error LOG.

[Fri Nov 24 11:31:06 2006] [notice] Parent: Received restart signal --
Restarting the server.
[Fri Nov 24 11:31:06 2006] [notice] Child 1904: Exit event signaled. Child
process is ending.
[Fri Nov 24 11:31:06 2006] [warn] (OS 995)The I/O operation has been aborted
because of either a thread exit or an application request.  : winnt_accept:
Asynchronous AcceptEx failed.
[Fri Nov 24 11:31:07 2006] [notice] Child 1904: Released the start mutex
[Fri Nov 24 11:31:08 2006] [notice] Child 1904: Waiting for 250 worker threads
to exit.
[Fri Nov 24 11:31:08 2006] [notice] Child 1904: All worker threads have exited.
[Fri Nov 24 11:31:08 2006] [notice] Child 1904: Child process is exiting

any suggestion ?

regards,

Genya