Thanks Nick.

I added a new module for starting the external process. For stopping, I
added Apache as a dependency on that external process.

But the problem here is, when the loadmodule is initiated from Apache the
startup of external process leads to circular dependency. I.e. Apache is
trying to start the external process, but by that time as Apache is not up,
it leads to circular dependency.

Hence, the module needs to be loaded after the start of Apache, Does it
possible?

If any processes are dependent on Apache and if I try to stop Apache from
the Apache Monitor or through the command line, the stop is failing. Is it
expected behavior?

Is there any way to stop Apache forcibly even though any processes are
dependent on Apache?

Thanks & Regards,

Shahid

On 11/27/06, Nick Kew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 15:03:09 +0100
"Boyle Owen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > It is not possible by adding the dependencies in windows
> > service manager.

"It is not possible ...", the constant cry of the Windows user.
If that's true, it looks like a good reason to upgrade to *X.

> Luckily, apache is open-source. So either write a module, as Nick
> suggests, or simply add a few steps to httpd.c to start and stop your
> external process at the appropriate point.

The reason a module is the better approach is that it means you
don't have to redo it all every time you upgrade Apache.  That's
one of the basic principles of modularity.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/