Ok, after doing some more research, I need to take the
statement in which I said their certificates are not
trusted in many browsers back. It does appear that
most browsers trust StarTech.

I looked thru the CA certs in firefox and noticed it
has a trusted CA for StarTech. Hmmm very interesting.
I wonder if perhaps they updated their CA?

--- Richard de Vries <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> The problem is that your certificate has been signed
> by a Certificate Authority which is not trusted by
> many browsers.
>
> Your HTTPS instance worked fine on my internet
> explorer 7, but did indeed fail on firefox. An
> examination of the certificate revealed that your
> certificate was issued by StarField Secure
> Certification Authority.
>
> Quite honestly, I had never heard of these guys. I
> always use thawte or verisign.
>

> --- Mailing Lists <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am having trouble with a certificate from
> > Godaddy.com. My website is
> > https://www.piercebroscoffee.com
> >
> > On many browsers (Firefox, Epiphany, and even
> Lynx!)
> > I am not able to
> > validate the cert.
> >
> > Here is a clue that I noticed:
> > It only fails if that is the first time that you
> > need to validate the
> > intermediate starfield cert. i.e. if you go to
> > https://godaddy.com, then
> > hit https://www.piercebroscoffee.com, there is no
> > problem!
> >
> > I did everything that godaddy/starfield said I
> > needed to do. I
> > downloaded the intermediate certificate and here
> is
> > the entry in my
> > ssl.conf file: I am using apache 2, on RedHat 9.
> >

> > <VirtualHost www.piercebroscoffee.com:443>
> >     SuexecUserGroup java java
> >     ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >     DocumentRoot
> > /var/www/www.javahutroasters.com/html
> >     ServerName www.piercebroscoffee.com
> >     ErrorLog
> > logs/www.javahutroasters.com/ssl_error_log
> >     TransferLog
> > logs/www.javahutroasters.com/ssl_access_log
> >     CustomLog
> > logs/www.javahutroasters.com/ssl_request_log \
> >           "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x
> >     SSLEngine on
> >     SSLCipherSuite

ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2: