At 07:35 PM 12/6/2006, you wrote:
Can someone/somebody pz tell me why I keep on getting this server error when I try to activate apache 2.2? :

"(OS 10048)Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port)
is normally permitted.  : make_sock: could not bind to address 127.0.0.1:8001
Unable to open logs"

 thanx to anyone who can help me.

I could be wrong, but I believe you have something else running on port 8001.

try
telnet localhost 8001

and see what you get.