Andrew,

Either remove
  <Files *.php>
   SetOutputFilter PHP
   SetInputFilter PHP
   LimitRequestBody 524288
   </Files>

or

 AddType application/x-httpd-php .php      # for PHP 4

You can't have both. (My personal recommendation is to get rid of the Files
directive)

On 12/13/06, Andrew Long <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Problem on one server with php... php test file in doc root works well
and returns variables, status, etc... But when trying to open a php
under a subdir, the client browser will attempt to download the file.

I post here since php(4) is working, so I think it's an Apache config
issue.

There are are no directory options defined for the dir. (It is is for
phpMyAdmin, and requires no settings in http.conf)

In php.conf under conf.d:

   LoadModule php4_module modules/libphp4.so
   AddType application/x-httpd-php .php      # for PHP 4

   <Files *.php>
    SetOutputFilter PHP
    SetInputFilter PHP
    LimitRequestBody 524288